1. Dawsons are committed to fully protecting your privacy. Any information you pass to us will not be passed or distributed to other parties*. Data is held or stored within the scope of the Data Protection Act 1998. We take all reasonable care to safeguard your information through security policies and the use of secure servers.
2. When you make a purchase, you will be transferred to our secure payment gateway; SagePay. Dawsons do not have access to your Credit or Debit Card details at any time, these details are stored by our payment gateway.
3. In order to authorise your payment one of our trusted staff must log onto a secure system and this is done on the day of dispatch. Dawsons can only authorise the amount of your order, once the payment is claimed, we are unable to authorise any further funds.
4. To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting our terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
What is a Cookie and how does www.dawsonsav.co.uk use them?
1. A cookie is a tiny piece of text that asks permission to be placed on your device. If you agree, then your browser adds the text in a small file. If your browser is set to automatically accept Cookies, you won’t be asked for permission and the file will be placed. By using www.dawsonsav.co.uk you agree that we can place these types of Cookies on your device.
2. If you have set your browser to ask for permission before accepting a cookie, you will notice that dawsonsav.co.uk asks for a cookie to be placed on your PC. Its purpose is to allow your PC to remember where you have visited and what contents you have added to your shopping basket.
3. If you add items to your basket without checking out and return another day, the items will still be in your basket. The cookie contains nothing except a reference number. Your shopping and the contact details you give are recorded on a server, referenced by that number.
4. The Cookie placed by dawsonsav.co.uk does not gather any personal information that can be used by us and is only used for the purpose as explained above.
5. If you checkout and your prefered payment method is a Credit Card, SagePay provides the payment gateway to these options and a Cookie is necessary to complete the payment.
7. If after reading the above details you still are unsure about accepting Cookies, our website will still function if you wish to make a purchase – at worst, if you refresh your browser or visit another site and return later, simply start again, select an item to purchase and continue to the checkout.
8. Please feel free to contact us if you need further information.